8 February 2014

Yesterday II

When all seemed like yesterday,
the emptiness still unfilled,
the void still lingering.

I don an armour, an
appearance of normality,
nurturing the void
reluctant to depart.

Just when all seemed like yesterday,
a feeling so unfamiliar,
reignited by your entry into my life.

Hope, now injected with the
strength of the thought of you.

The void hastily retreats,
only to be replaced by the
warmth of the thought of you.

An emotion too unfamiliar,
fueled by the thought of you,
in my mind a stubborn stranger so
unwilling to depart,
unable to be evicted.

Nights devoid of sleep, yet
Days energised by the thought of you.
Cold winds bitter, yet
Warmed by the thought of you.
Patient persona I exhibit, yet
Impatient for your return.
Calm exterior I display, yet
Nervous self I reveal before you.

An evening with you,
time escaping too rapidly.
before I even knew, before our
backs turned against one another,
parting into the cruel night.

The goodbye was so swift and so soon.
The remnant of night becoming a
night of torpor, a
night neverending.

Only now, I am back at where I
began, with nothing but your
subterfuge against me. I am
impelled to confront my self-denial.

Do you not hear my calls to you,
for they go unanswered,
left in neglect,
neglect as your soul petrifies and
rears against me.

All I would have hoped for is
none more than an answer to my
yearning for you.

Time, attesting once again,
memories obdurate,
sentiments remain untarnished.
Hope, only so ephemeral.

When all just seemed like yesterday,
but now I am where I was.

                                                                   Vying,
                                                                   I am here!
                                                                   Come, o come
                                                                   To me.
                                                                   Only you can
                                                                   Reach me, for
                                                                   I am too far
                                                                   Away.

- KT (2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment